Rattlesnake Avoidance Training Clinic for Dogs
Mountains Restoration Trust is proud to host Rattlesnake Avoidance Training for Dogs Clinics! The proceeds benefit Mountains Restoration Trust, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, California public benefit corporation to preserve and enhance the natural resources of the Santa Monica Mountains.
Thank you in advance for your support! Don't forget to tell your friends and other dog lovers about the clinic!
Each year MRT hosts expert dog trainers from High on Kennels, located in San Diego County. Each trainer is highly experienced at training dogs to avoid rattlesnakes. High on Kennels is well known for being a problem solver when it comes to difficult dogs.
Our training clinics are conducted in a safe, humane, and controlled environment ensuring the safety of your dog, people, and rattlesnakes. The trainers have found that the best way to teach a dog to avoid rattlesnakes is to use live rattlesnake specimens that have been neutralized so that they cannot bite. The snakes are placed out in a field setting and the dogs are fitted with an electronic training collar. The dog is led through the field and allowed to encounter the rattlesnake at which point the dog is stimulated using the electronic collar. The training process is repeated several times to assure you that your dog will understand the sight, sound, and smell of a rattlesnake (they have a distinct odor that dogs can discern from other snakes).
Appointments are available from 8am-5pm.
**WE WILL BE ANNOUNCING LOCATIONS FOR AUGUST AND SEPTEMBER CLINICS SOON.
April 27, 28, 29
900 Las Virgenes RdCalabasas, CA 91302
May 26, 27, 28
3815 Old Topanga Canyon Road
Calabasas, CA 91302
June 30, July 1
August 25, 26
Directions for Registering One Dog:
1. Select "Training session for one dog".
2. Select the month and location for your training session. The calendar will pop up below for that location. Click on an available date.
3. Select a date and a single time slot for your dogs. Once you have selected your preferred date and time, click "continue" to proceed to the contact information and payment sections.
Directions for Registering Multiple Dogs:
When you register multiple dogs, please do so under ONE APPOINTMENT. You will only select one date and time, and your dogs will automatically be scheduled for consecutive time slots. .
1. Select "Training session for 1 dog".
2. Select the amount of additional appointments you need. For example, if you have two dogs, you would select both "training session for 1 dog" and "1 additional dog (2 dogs total)".
3. Select the month and location for your training session. The calendar will pop up below for that location. Click on an available date.
4. Select a date and a single time slot for your dogs. Once you have selected your preferred date and time, click "continue" to proceed to the contact information and payment sections.
You will receive a confirmation email after you complete the purchase.
If you need assistance registering your dog(s) you can contact us at (818) 591-1701 or firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Thank you for your support and we hope to see you and your dog soon!
Appointment times are presented at 8 minute intervals to establish training order. Actual training times will vary -- between 20 and 60 minutes.
You will receive a text message reminder before your appointment