Rattlesnake Avoidance Training Clinic for Dogs
Mountains Restoration Trust is proud to host Rattlesnake Avoidance Training for Dogs Clinics! The proceeds benefit Mountains Restoration Trust, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, California public benefit corporation to preserve and enhance the natural resources of the Santa Monica Mountains.
Thank you in advance for your support! Don't forget to tell your friends and other dog lovers about the clinic!
Each year MRT hosts expert dog trainers from High on Kennels, located in San Diego County. Each trainer is highly experienced at training dogs to avoid rattlesnakes. High on Kennels is well known for being a problem solver when it comes to difficult dogs.
Our training clinics are conducted in a safe, humane, and controlled environment ensuring the safety of your dog, people, and rattlesnakes. The trainers have found that the best way to teach a dog to avoid rattlesnakes is to use live rattlesnake specimens that have been neutralized so that they cannot bite. The snakes are placed out in a field setting and the dogs are fitted with an electronic training collar. The dog is led through the field and allowed to encounter the rattlesnake at which point the dog is stimulated using the electronic collar. The training process is repeated several times to assure you that your dog will understand the sight, sound, and smell of a rattlesnake (they have a distinct odor that dogs can discern from other snakes).
Appointments are available from 8am-5pm.
**WE WILL BE ANNOUNCING LOCATIONS FOR AUGUST AND SEPTEMBER CLINICS SOON.
March 23, 24, 25
Golden Heart Ranch
3190 Triunfo Canyon Road
Agoura Hills, CA 91301
April 27, 28, 29
3815 Old Topanga Canyon Road
Calabasas, CA 91302
May 26, 27, 28
June 30, July 1
August 25, 26
Directions for Registering One Dog:
1. IF YOU ARE ONLY REGISTERING ONE DOG, IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO CLICK ANYTHING ELSE BUT "Training Session for 1 Dog" AND ONE DATE AND TIME.
2. Select the location where you would like to attend the training and check the box next to it. The calendar will pop up below for that location. Click on an available date.
3. Click the time
4. Click continue and proceed to fill out all of the required information.
Directions for Registering Multiple Dogs
1. When you register multiple dogs, please do so under ONE APPOINTMENT. The scheduler will automatically generate as many time slots for as many dogs as you have dogs registered.
a. Select the date you would like your appointments to take place on.
b. Select a time for the FIRST DOG'S appointment.
c. Select the "add another time" option, confirm that you are selecting an additional time by clicking "choose additional time", and then choose the appointment time for the second dog.
d. Repeat this for as many dogs as you have registered.
**PLEASE TRY TO SELECT CONSECUTIVE TIMES. If this is not an option, then please pick times that are as close together as possible.
4. After scheduling a time for your final dog, click continue and fill out the required information
5. Pay through our secure payment option with your credit card or through your PayPal account
You will receive a confirmation email after you complete the purchase.
If you need assistance registering your dog(s) you can contact us at (818) 591-1701 or email@example.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Thank you for your support and we hope to see you and your dog soon!
Appointment times are presented at 8 minute intervals to establish training order. Actual training times will vary -- between 20 and 60 minutes.
You will receive a text message reminder before your appointment